A clean system is a better performing system!
Regardless of how much experience you may have as an applicator, the quality of your spray foam application is dependent on properly functioning spray foam equipment. We have noticed quite a rise in blocked ISO lines and hoses lately. We have had success with using these products below to help alleviate them.
Surf X Flush 2000
This can be used daily for over spray and cleaning and also can be used to flush out lines. This product must not be left overnight. It will need to be chased out with ISO/Resin or with Surf A Lube for storage. Available in a 5-gallon pail or 1-gallon jug. This product also comes in Go Green Wipes – 90 sheets.
Steps for Flushing the Isocyanate Side of a Spray Foam System to Prevent Crystallization
- Wear proper PPE gear, eye protection, gloves, skin protection.
- Make sure the proportioner is turned off. No heat should be used during this process.
- Remove spray gun from end of hose and secure the hose end into a waste container.
- Decrease the air pressure to the transfer pump by 30 PSI.
- Fill one clean 5-gallon pail with 3-4 gallons of NZD ISO FLUSH.
- Remove the transfer pump from the “A” side drum and wipe it down.
- Place the transfer pump into the pail of NZD ISO FLUSH and secure it so it cannot fall over.
- Activate the transfer pump and open the manual valve on the gun block to allow the isocyanate to be purged into the waste container. Allow about one gallon of the NZD ISO FLUSH to go into the waste container after the isocyanate is out.
- Secure the spray hose into the same container that the transfer pump is in and allow the NZD ISO FLUSH to recirculate for at least one hour (longer is better) at the fastest speed the transfer pump will allow. Effective flushing is a function of velocity (how fast it moves) not volume.
- Leave the NZD ISO FLUSH in the system overnight.
- The following day, Place the transfer pump in a container of SURF A LUBE.
- Purge the NZD ISO FLUSH out until the system is filled with SURF A LUBE.
- The system should now be good for up to two years of storage.
- Dispose of all waste materials.